- 1 LIC Policy Status
- 2 lic policy status login
- 3 Registration process for new users
- 4 LIC policy status procedure for Registered users
- 5 Procedure to check LIC Policy Status by calling customer care
- 6 Procedure to check LIC Policy Status by SMS
- 7 Procedure to check LIC Policy Status by using Comments
- 8 LIC Surrender status
- 9 LIC maturity Status
- 10 LIC loan Status
LIC Policy Status
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India is the only public sector Life Insurance Company in India. LIC is the largest life insurance company in India. Life insurance corporation of India has provided different methods to customers to know about their lic policy status by policy number online. For viewing the policy related information, new customers are required to go through a Registration procedure, and already registered customers need to login with their respective ID’s and also you can do the process lic policy status without registration.
Following are the different methods through which LIC customers can check their lic policy status by policy number.
- LIC Online service for Registered Users and new user option for new users.
- By calling LIC Customer Care Center.
- Using SMS Service.
- Commenting policy number at end of the page.
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India had made life simple to all LIC customers by providing different procedures to know information regarding their policies. Here you have an option like lic policy status online free with this easily get the lic policy status check online now.
Every policy holder might have question like how to check my lic policy status?
online lic policy status checking is very easy and simple, for lic policy status online you need to folow some steps as shown below.
Nowadays it has become very simple to ‘Check their LIC policy status Online’. We have explained step by step in detailed procedure about how to check lic policy status online.
lic policy status login
Registration process for new users
- Log on to LIC Official website www.licindia.in
- Click on “New User” option as shown in below image.
3. For registration as New user you need to provide information like
- Policy number
- Premium amount
- Date of Birth
- E-mail I.D
Note: Give premium amount and date of birth details as per the policy document.
- After filling these details click on proceed option, Which directs to a new page.
- In that new page, create a User I.D and Password of your choice,
- The username can be alpha, numeric, with characters dot and underscore
- Make sure that Password is at least of 8 characters long and
Password need to have at least one numeric character (Ex: 0-9)
i.e. Password must be alphanumeric (Ex: naveen1990)
- The user-id chosen should be unique.
- Password should be unique and should be kept confidential.
By completing this process an auto generated message will be sent through mail containing your Login details. By using the Login Details you can view LIC policy status and other policy related information.
- Now you can login as a Registered user.
To login Enter User I.D and Password details. After entering the login details the “Go” button will take you to the fresh page where you need to click on “View enrolled policies”.
- “View enrolled policies” will be in the list of options on the left side of your screen, choose view enrolled policies among them.
- It will ask you to enter the text shown in the image, so enter it and then click on the submit button.
9. Then it will direct to a page containing your policy number. Click on “Policy Number”.
10. Then you will get all the details about your lic policy like lic policy status, maturity date, Premium due date, loan amount, loan interest amount.
On successful registration, the customer will have access to know information regarding status of policies, loan, revival, premium due/ policy calendar, maturity calendar etc.
LIC policy status procedure for Registered users
Login facility is provided on the Homepage for the use of registered users
Already Registered users can follow the below procedure for lic policy status enquiry online.
- Log on to LIC website www.licindia.in
- Click on “Online Services” as shown in Below Image 3. This will redirect to a new page as shown below. Click on the “Registered User” . This click enables you to go into new page.
4. Lic policy status login specifies you to enter Login Id and password of your LIC account. After entering the details, click on “Go” as shown in image given below, then after successful login, you will have access to check the policy details.
6. This click will take you to the page where a image with text appears. Enter the same text and click on “Submit”.
7. After that your policy enrolled policy number will be viewed, Click on policy number.
8. After clicking on Policy number, Lic policy status will be displayed as shown in below image.
Procedure to check LIC Policy Status by calling customer care
Policy holder might have several questions in their mind like how to know lic policy status, how to check lic policy status without registration? Here you can get the solutions for those questions by lic policy status report and you can also view lic policy status.
LIC has provided another easy option to know your policy status. That is by calling “LIC customer care” or lic policy status check by policy no in www lic policy status. Those who don’t have access to internet they can easily find out their policy status through phone.
LIC is providing 24* 7 facility in cities. You need to dial 1251 if you are MTNL/BSNL user or type your city code before the IVR number to use this facility
You can use respective helpline number of your city.
“LIC customer care” number of each city are given below.
|5||Bang alor e-II||Karnataka||Bangalore||080-22966836080-22966896|
|6||Belgaum||Karnataka||Bangalore||0831 24388560831 2438857|
|8||Bhubaneshwar||Orissa||Bhubaneshwar||0674 – 2573996|
|10||Chandigarh||Haryana & Punjab||Chandigarh||0172-2678107|
|14||Cuttack||Orissa||former capital Cuttack||0671-2307085|
|21||Gulbarga||Karnataka||08472 – 23303008472 – 243030|
|26||Hubli||Karnataka||0836-22643330836- 22642330836- 2264833|
|34||Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir||01912479717|
|40||Kolkata-II||West Bengal||033 2419-8476|
|41||Kottayam||Kerala||0481 23074220481 23024080481 2307411|
|60||Salem||Tamil nadu||0427- 2440588|
|62||Siliguri||West Bengal||(0353) 1251(0353) 2216000|
|67||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh||0542-2220457, 0542-2500412|
Procedure to check LIC Policy Status by SMS
LIC of India has introduced SMS service SMS services for policyholders. Now you can get lic policy status by sms means by sending a text message using Mobile phone. This is a free SMS information system which will be helpful to all the LIC policy holders to get policy and servicing details. By this way you can check your lic policy status without login.
Through SMS service you can enquire about
- LIC Individual Policy
- LIC Pension Policy
- To enquire about LIC Individual policy through SMS, type
ASKLIC < POLICY NO > PREMIUM/REVIVAL/BONUS/LOAN/NOM and send to 9222492224.
- Premium- Installment premium under policy
- Revival – If policy is lapsed, Revival amount payable
- Bonus – Amount of bonus Vested
- Loan – Amount available as loan
- NOM – Details of Nomination
- To enquire about LIC Pension policy through SMS, type
LICPension<PolicyNumber>[STAT/ECDUE/ANNPD/PDTHRU/AMOUNT/CHQRET]) and send to 9222492224
- IPP Policy Status – (STAT)
- Existence Certificate Due – (ECDUE)
- Last Annuity Released Date – (ANNPD)
- Annuity Payment through – CHQ/ECS/NEFT) (PDTHRU)
- Annuity Amount – (AMOUNT)
- Cheque Return Information – (CHQRET)
Procedure to check LIC Policy Status by using Comments
Please leave a Comment with your policy Number with what information you want to know like premium amount, surrender value or bonus amount acquired. We will post you the information on your Queries.
LIC Surrender status
Surrender Value: The value payable to the policy holder when the policy holder decides to terminate the policy before the maturity of the policy.
Surrender value is payable when full premiums are paid for Minimum of three years.
If you have paid premiums for 3 or more years but less than 4 years and wanted to surrender the policy, 80% of Maturity Sum Assured will be paid as surrender value.
If you have paid premiums for 4 or more years but less than 5 years, then 90% of the Maturity Sum Assured will be paid as surrender value.
100% of the Maturity Sum Assured will be paid when 5 or more years’ premiums have been paid.
If the policy holder want to surrender the policy before 3 years from date of commencement of policy, nothing will be given to the policy holder. That is the reason Surrender of policy is not recommended.
Maturity Sum Assured: Maturity Sum Assured means the Sum Assured corresponding to the term for which premiums have been paid under the policy.
LIC is providing 24* 7 facility in cities. Please refer the above LIC customer care numbers table to get LIC Policy Surrender Status.
LIC maturity Status
LIC Maturity status depends on survival benefits, Maturity benefits and Disables benefits. LIC Maturity status depends on type of plan opted
To take the maturity one needs to submit the following documents to his home branch only. They are as follows:
1. Original policy bond of the policy.
2. NEFT form (duly filled along with a cancel cheque) so that the maturity proceeds can directly be transfered to the policyholder’s account.
3. Revenue stamp of Rs1/-.
LIC is providing 24* 7 facility in cities. Please refer the above LIC customer care numbers table to get LIC Policy Maturity Status.
LIC loan Status
The Life insurance Corporation of India can grant a loan to the policyholder against his policy as per the terms and conditions applicable to the policy.
The requirements for granting a loan are as under :
a) Application for loan.
b) Policy to be assigned absolutely in favour of the Corporation
c) A receipt for the loan amount
The maximum loan amount available under the policy is 90% of the Surrender Value of the policy (85% in case of paid up policies) including cash value of bonus.
The rate of interest charged on loans is at 9% to be paid half-yearly.
The minimum period for which a loan can be granted is six months from the date of its payment.
In case the policy becomes a claim either by maturity or death within six months from the date of loan, interest will be charged only upto the date of maturity/death.
LIC loan status can be known through calling LIC customer care and through LIC SMS procedure.
LIC is providing 24* 7 facility in cities. Please refer the above LIC customer care numbers table to get LIC Policy Loan Status.
LIC loan status through SMS type
ASKLIC <policy number> LOAN and send to 9222492224.